sfera.pravy.net Forum Index
sfera.pravy.net
Krásné narozeniny, Pecičko! :)
English?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sfera.pravy.net Forum Index -> Řečičky, názory, etc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leňula
Feet planted firmly in the sky

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

that resurrection thing is excellent but... could we speak about... i don't know... do you study english?

“We don’t need a list of rights and wrongs, tables of dos and don’ts: we need books, time, and silence. Thou shalt not is soon forgotten, but Once upon a time lasts forever.”
Berus
kytky 3, meta: 1750

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact no, I don't. Not now. (And to be honest I never really did.)
I'm a pure self-student. Laughing
Also dated an Englishman which undoubtably helped a lot. Embarassed

You do study English, IIRC. It might be interesting, but what "qualification" are you gonna have by the time you take your degree? I mean, where else could you assert except of teaching at language schools and translating and interpreting? Embarassed Sorry for such a weird question.
Leňula

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

my very secret dream goes somehow around making dialogues/subtitles for movies/tv series... Embarassed i am fully aware of the fact that such jobs usually require "friends on the right place" but still naively hope that this could be broken... Embarassed

but to be honest, i do not study for the sake of getting a job... it is just because i really love this language and this lets me somewhat closer to it... Embarassed

“We don’t need a list of rights and wrongs, tables of dos and don’ts: we need books, time, and silence. Thou shalt not is soon forgotten, but Once upon a time lasts forever.”
Berus

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, I'm about to confess my very secret dream as well (and then confront it with a more realistic dream of mine Laughing ).
I hope to manage to be involved in organising a huge sport event, such as Olympic Games. Running around, providing the sportsmen the greatest comfort and service, supervising the organisation of events, medal ceremonies, being a good leader and manager to my subordinates. That is my God-knows-how-far-it-is dream.

But as I'm more of a realist Laughing I focus on becoming an auditor.

What movies would you like to make subtitles to? Suppose no soap operas.. Wink

Last edited by Berus on Sat 17.3.2007 21:48; edited 1 time in total
greenwood
seja feliz, menina

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berus, your english is very good, i admire it...i would be so happy to have my english language knowledge like your....great Very Happy
and talking about future jobs...well my dream is not of the modest ones so i guess it will stay only a dream.... (but... Twisted Evil i´ll do my best to make it real Razz )

“It’s dark because you are trying too hard.
Lightly child, lightly. Learn to do everything lightly.
Yes, feel lightly even though you’re feeling deeply.
Just lightly let things happen and lightly cope with them."
Leňula

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

to tell the truth - i kinda like some of those "clever" soap operas... "everwood", "gilmore girls" and even the "dawson's creek"... those have at least a grain of wit... Embarassed and their language is sometimes really playful and it must be fun to try to translate it into czech...

guess you can never make something out of those "days of our lives" but one has to make his living... Laughing

greenwood
seja feliz, menina

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

lenula, you think that GG or Everwood are kind of soap operas? for me soap operas are those from Latin America....but not these pretty witty Smile

Leňula

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenwood - you don't? Razz come on! in some of the dialogues you could only change "rory" for "maria fernanda"... Laughing

and - oh my god! how could i! i would never make such mistakes in the red dwarf translation! Evil or Very Mad

Berus

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenwoood, thank you. Embarassed As I never really studied English (meaning - the way I would learn something new), I can tell you that the best way you can learn is to use the language. A page back I posted a web address with a browser game, in English. This might be a good start to improve the language. Wink
Btw, would you tell us your dream job? Embarassed

Lenula, with "soap operas", I had Esmeralda-like things on my mind, not Gilmores at all. I love the Gilmore series, watch them on tv every now and then (not much time, argh).
greenwood
seja feliz, menina

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leňula wrote:
greenwood - you don't? Razz come on! in some of the dialogues you could only change "rory" for "maria fernanda"... Laughing

Roflnik yeah, that´s true Laughing but still, clasic soap operas are much more different than rory´s story.....(or am i that naive? Laughing )

Leňula

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe i don't have the term right... but at least you can imagine my focus... Laughing
i will never forgive that epizode of red dwarf where rimmer tried to "recollect" his friends' names and called them "cluster" and "kit" in czech... hey, "kit" does not work here!!! Evil or Very Mad

greenwood
seja feliz, menina

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

i´ll have a look on this, thx, Berus Wink i know that the best way how to learn the language is to talk and talk but i don´t have many opportunities right now....at school i don´t have any class of english because it would make my english even worse Confused but at work i do often talk in english via phoning so it´s getting better and better (or i believe and hope that it does Laughing )
and to my dream job...well it´s a embassador somewhere in portuguese speaking country, but it´s a "long-distance race" so...who knows, maybe i´ll end as a translator which is not the job i would like to do at all Embarassed

Berus

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenwood, I know the beauty of the dream is in the fact that it is not real. That it is just in your imagination. And with becoming a reality, it loses the beauty and magic. But I still want to work at Olympic Games though I know the probability is as small as winning the lottery. I hope you'd follow your dream as well and succeed. Very Happy
(Btw I'm just thinking about how helpful is this topic since I helplessly need to get my "proper" English back because I'm taking the CAE in June Laughing )

Last edited by Berus on Sat 17.3.2007 21:57; edited 1 time in total
Leňula

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is one of the reasons for me - to get into contact with english. Embarassed i don't know any natives so far... so i don't have any opportunity. here all the lectures/seminars are in english, which really helps a lot!

greenwood
seja feliz, menina

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berus- wish you luck at exams... Wink damn, why i didn´t have anything like this when i was taking the CAE exam Vzteklik i sware i would pass it better than C if have used this kind of topic Laughing

oh jesus, using of time clauses is horrible....i have it in my mind only in portuguese and it´s lil bit different from english.... Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sfera.pravy.net Forum Index -> Řečičky, názory, etc. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum