sfera.pravy.net Forum Index
sfera.pravy.net
Krásné narozeniny, Pecičko! :)
English?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sfera.pravy.net Forum Index -> Řečičky, názory, etc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n1ckn4m3
kytky 1, meta: 175

PostPosted: Mon 12.3.2007 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lenula, quit overusing `as` Smile as it is slowly becoming a dominating feature in your English Smile)))))
Leňula
Feet planted firmly in the sky

PostPosted: Tue 13.3.2007 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

there was no "as" in the previous two posts, or... was it? Myslik

“We don’t need a list of rights and wrongs, tables of dos and don’ts: we need books, time, and silence. Thou shalt not is soon forgotten, but Once upon a time lasts forever.”
Lenore

PostPosted: Tue 13.3.2007 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, what about as I could hardly understand and as I am just about to read it ? Razz

Anyways (as Volín would say Laughing ), here's another yummy bit of corporate policy:
Indeed, inaccurately describing the contribution as being for "medical education," and thereby obscuring the link between the contribution and the official, might suggest to law enforcement officials that there is in fact something improper about the contribution.

OMG Roflnik
Sometimes I think there's a secret award for the most incomprehensible gibberish, and people writing these policies are striving to win Laughing
Leňula

PostPosted: Tue 13.3.2007 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeeeh... no, i am not going to try... Laughing it is just unreadable and my brain functions are still not as good as they should be... Laughing (sorry for double "as" but as you can see, it was inevitable Laughing )

“We don’t need a list of rights and wrongs, tables of dos and don’ts: we need books, time, and silence. Thou shalt not is soon forgotten, but Once upon a time lasts forever.”
Leňula

PostPosted: Wed 14.3.2007 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies and gentlemen - let's try something else! Very Happy A bit of Scottish for your humble entertainment. Wink

Liz Niven
TOURISTS AT AUSCHWITZ

We’d been telt
nae birds wid sing.
True it wis bit tall trees
shrooded brick wark camps.
Row upon row, they stretcht,
far as the greetin een cuid see.
Hidden frae view,
gas chaumers lay buriet,
unner foondations crummlt,
as butcher builders fleed.
A million an a hauf stanes pave
memorials in monie tungs.
A brick fir ilka deid sowel.
Vyces are low, few picters taen.
Nearhaun, a watter-fillt hollow,
algae covert, still hauds human ash.
A haun-wringin guide tells us mair.
Wirds hing heavy.

Leňula

PostPosted: Thu 15.3.2007 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, folks, this topic is kinda dying out... Confused

n1ckn4m3

PostPosted: Thu 15.3.2007 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out:
Securities Transactions: the performance, the instigation to perform or the execution of any act, other than in the scope of executing one’s function or position, either directly or indirectly, whether partially or fully for one’s own account or for the benefit of a third party with a view to the purchase or sale of a Security;
(no need to bother with translation attempts, it has already been done, submitted and, yaaay, paid for by my employer:) )

Indeed, inaccurately describing the contribution as being for "medical education," and thereby obscuring the link between the contribution and the official, might suggest to law enforcement officials that there is in fact something improper about the contribution. <= tohle se mi moc libi; dokonce i na preklad.. jeste tak vedet co se mysli tim 'the official'

Wow.. I'm writing an unnecesarilly long post.. well.. whatever.. about that poetry piece.. I'd like to hear that read.. Otherwise I might as well stick to Prufrock Laughing 'cos I sorta can't be bothered trying to decipher it.. I mean, yuck.. who would wanna write something like that in the first place.. That said, I think I'm on just the right way to a nice telling off by Lenulka... Anyways.. I think that this one's more 'for the masses'.. as it were. (Lenii, you know this one already; I know.. but the others might not and I like it and I'm a self-conceited bastard at times..)

ehm ehm.
Birdy, birdy in the sky,
you dropped a poopy in my eye.
but I don't care I don't cry.
Just thank god that cows don't fly!
Lenore

PostPosted: Fri 16.3.2007 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leňula wrote:
hey, folks, this topic is kinda dying out... Confused

and you wonder why? could it be, that we scared everyone off? Mr. Green

that bit about securities transactions reminds me of EULAs.. the limited warranty or limitation of liability thing (NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE HEREIN, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, TORT, CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, SHALL COMPANY OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON (I) FOR ANY PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY COMPANY, OR (II) FOR ANY MATTER BEYOND COMPANY OR ITS LICENSOR’S REASONABLE CONTROL... )

The poopy poem is good Laughing it rings a bell, where did you come by it?
Leňula

PostPosted: Fri 16.3.2007 16:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

lenore - i understand that not all of us are interested in english rarities and the most incomprehensible sentence awards but hey, this topic is not only about it (even though it might look so)... everyone can join, guess...

so come on, everybody! clap your hands up in the air, clap your hands up... in the air! Viteznik

Leňula

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on, guys... Dogeyes Brecik

Berus
kytky 3, meta: 1750

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what if you, except of whining of course, tried to suggest a topic we all could talk about? Wink
Leňula

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

whining was not my point at all, i was just being desperately annoying, trying to get anyone here... Embarassed we can discuss whatever we want to... only the form is slightly different from most of the topics around here... Laughing

Berus

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it but it's not exactly what I meant.. Smile
Do you like playing strategic games? Do you know this browser game available at www.tribalwars.net? It's really simple and funny and not time consuming at all. Very Happy I'll provide further information if you'd like to.
Btw it's whole in English. Razz
Leňula

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosh, do NOT show me anything like that! Laughing i am really juggling my time, have to write like million essays and all i am doing is... guess... board... Embarassed

Berus

PostPosted: Sat 17.3.2007 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry then, just tried to resurrect your topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sfera.pravy.net Forum Index -> Řečičky, názory, etc. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum